Lollapalooza has come and gone. Evacuations, rain, Paul McCartney—sounds like a pretty standard music festival, does it not? Now we love romping around in Grant Park just like everyone else, but there is another festival that we crave each summer: Chicago Hot Dog Fest 2015.
The Fest, located at Clark and LaSalle, brings food and fun together to celebrate one of Chicago’s storied cuisines. Plus, there’s a keynote speech called, “Ketchup: The Condiment of Controversy;” Sign us up RN!
In addition to the delicious grub, the speakers at the event are sure to pique some interest. Check out the lineup below:
- KETCHUP: THE CONDIMENT OF CONTROVERSY
- EVERYTHING BUT THE SQUEAL: CHICAGO’S UNION STOCK YARDS
- HOT DOGGIN’ CHICAGO STYLE
- MUSTARD: THE KING OF CONDIMENTS
- ADVENTURES IN THE WEINER CITY
- HOT DOG: AN AMERICAN ICON
- HOT DOG CHICAGO WITH EVERYTHING ON IT
- THE PASSION & PEOPLE BEHIND CHICAGO’S HOT DOG STANDS
Personally, I don’t know if I’ve ever seen something so enticing in my entire life—and I’ve been to most major music festivals. These speakers paired with some fun cover bands and beer? I can’t imagine a better weekend.
Check it out this weekend and let us know what your favorite fun fact or frank was in the comments!