Last updated January 15, 2020
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information and when we disclose it.
- How to access and update your information.
- The steps we take to protect the information we collect.
Information We Collect
Information you provide to usWe collect the following information from our customers and their employees who sign up for our Services:
- Account and Profile Information
- We collect information about you when you create an account for our Services, including your name, phone number, email address, business address, delivery location, and invoicing address. We may also collect information about the dietary restrictions and preferences of you and your employees.
- Payment Information
- We may also collect payment card and/or financial account information when you pay for our Services.
- We collect other data that you may submit to our Services or us, such as when you provide feedback about the Service and our restaurant partners (“Vendors”), request customer support, or communicate with us via email or social media sites.
- Account Information
- We collect information from our Vendors, including name, phone number, email address, physical location, and mailing address.
- Payment Information
- We collect financial account information to facilitate payments to our Vendors.
Information we collect from your use of our Services
- Web Logs and Analytics Information
- We record certain information and store it in log files when you interact with our Services. This information may include device and browser information, internet protocol (IP) address, URLs of referring/exit pages, the information you search for, and locale. We and our analytics providers also collect and store analytics information when you use our Services to help us improve our Services.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
How We Use Information We CollectWe may use the information we collect for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide, operate, maintain, improve, personalize, and promote our Services;
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- Enable you to access and use our Services;
- Process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- Communicate with you, including responding to your comments, questions, and requests; providing customer service and support; providing you with information about our Services, including technical notices, updates, security alerts, administrative messages, or advertising or marketing messages; and providing other news or information about us;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services; and
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to our Services, and other illegal activities;
Information Sharing and DisclosuresWe may share your information in the following ways:
- Your consent
- We will share your personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of Zerocater when we have your consent to do so.
- Your Company
- When you provide feedback about our Vendors, your name and feedback will be visible to other employees at your company through your company’s Zerocater dashboard. We do not share that information with other customers or their employees.
- When you or your company shares your dietary restrictions and preferences with us, we may share this information with our Vendors in order to provide our Services. When Vendors provide meals to your company, they will identify individuals with dietary restrictions or preferences unless your company specifically requests that they not be identified. When you provide feedback about our Vendors, we may share with them the feedback, the date of the meal, and the company you work for, but we won’t directly identify you.
- Service Providers and Others
- We may share your information with our service providers and other third parties who perform services on our behalfs, such as technology, analytics, and marketing services. We also provide your payment information to our service providers for payment processing and verification. Service providers such as analytics providers may collect information about your online activities over time and across different online services when you use our Services.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement Requests; Protection of Our Rights
- We may disclose your information (including your personal information) to a third party if (a) we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) to enforce our agreements, policies, and terms of service, (c) to protect the security or integrity of Zerocater’s products and services, (d) to protect the property, rights, and safety of Zerocater, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities, (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person, or (f) to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations.
- Business Transfers
- We may share or transfer your information (including your personal information) in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company. We will notify you of such a change in ownership or transfer of assets by posting a notice on our website.
- Aggregate or Non-identifying Data
- We may share aggregated information that does not directly identify you with our Vendors and other third parties in order to improve the overall experience of our Services.