We’re looking for our next Accountant II to join ZeroCater, who will be responsible for ensuring our accounting records are accurate and are compiled timely. You will help make sense of financial results by analyzing details and looking for trends and insights. We’re looking for a someone with a great attitude, who enjoys solving problems in a fast paced environment. The ideal candidate takes pride in the quality their work and has the ability to multi-task and prioritize different tasks and deliverables. You will have the opportunity to work collaboratively and help the company succeed as we enter an exciting growth phase. In addition, you will also have the chance to propose and present solutions and process improvements as we scale.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Calculate, review and post journal entries and perform monthly account reconciliations
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Assist in drafting financial statements and reporting for management, ensuring the sufficient review of financial data prior to publication.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to implement and maintain strong internal controls
- Ad hoc reporting as needed and participate in forecasting and budgeting processes
WHO YOU ARE:
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant experience (CPA, or pursuing CPA certification preferred)
- 2-3 years of proven experience in accounting or financial analysis in a high growth environment
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel functions and formulas
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and GAAP principles
- Experience with general ledger functions and month/year end close process
“For is there any practice less selfish, any labor less alienated, any time less wasted, than preparing something delicious and nourishing for people you love?” - Michael Pollan
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at ZeroCater. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.