Come join an impactful Engineering team that works closely with our customers and Product to ship code every week. We value ownership, independence, collaboration, communication, and bias towards getting things done with measurable results. We are seeking a Software Engineer with a focus on the back-end development of models, serializers, business algorithms, and APIs, but is also able to work on front-end with some help. The person should be keen to make a difference by writing defensive but performant code, thereby influencing where we go as a company, and how the code is organized to achieve the best results. We use Python, Django, PostgresSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ on the back-end, and React as well as Vue.js on the front-end.
What you will do:
- Practice and encourage software engineering best practices: reasonable test coverage, appropriate modularization, designing cohesive interfaces, and making the call on technical trade-offs.
- Collaborate in technical reviews to strengthen our architecture and system designs and assist others with coding and troubleshooting.
- Create quality APIs and prototypes on tight timelines.
- Work on business-critical features in order to help achieve product vision and goals.
Qualifications for success:
- 7+ years industry (post grad/non internship) experience in software engineering building full-stack web applications (particularly with Django, python, or Node.js).
- Strong understanding of industry trends, and opinions on those trends, as well as in-depth knowledge of web technologies gained from research and professional experience.
- Ability to create robust APIs and data structures that will enable the business to grow to the next level, while anticipating problems and understanding the tradeoffs for each decision.
- Pragmatic approach to engineering that strikes a balance between beautiful code, maintainability, and time to market.
- Ability to create pixel perfect, responsive, web pages while working with product designer(s). Bonus points for experience with software programs like Sketch, Zeplin and the Adobe Creative Suite.
“The shared meal elevates eating from a mechanical process of fueling the body to a ritual of family and community, from the mere animal biology to an act of culture.”
- Michael Pollan
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at ZeroCater. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.