Come join a small, but fast growing Engineering team that works closely with our customers and Product to ship code every day. We value ownership, independence, collaboration, communication, and bias towards getting things done with measurable results. We are seeking a dynamic Director of Engineering to help grow and lead our engineering team; someone who’s a hacker at heart but has grown into a strong leader that can manage the day-to-day execution of engineering teams and partner closely with Senior Management and Product Management.
What you will do:
- Develop an organization and hiring plan as we expand the engineering team to meet roadmap objectives
- Manage your Engineering teams toward meeting roadmap objectives for catering, snacks and future product offerings and estimate ship dates with 75% or better accuracy
- Manage your team toward a weekly release cadence for new functionality, improvements, and bug fixes
- Design and write code in service of meeting objectives
- Coach your direct reports toward high performance, provide career development guidance, and discuss progress toward professional goals
Qualifications for Success:
- 8+ years industry experience in software engineering with full-stack web applications (particularly with Django, Rails, or Node.js), including experience with Agile or Kanban methodologies
- 3+ years of experience building high performing engineering teams of 10+ people that can successfully build scalable, maintainable, and iterable systems which grow with the company
- Previous systems architecture experience leading end-to-end implementation of reasonably complex systems with a pragmatic approach to engineering that strikes a balance between beautiful code, maintainability, and time to market
- Strong understanding of industry trends, opinions on those trends, and in-depth knowledge of web technologies gained from research and professional experience
- Degree in CS, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or related field
Want to learn more about our engineering team? Check out our profile on WORK AT A STARTUP: https://www.workatastartup.com/directory/171
“The shared meal elevates eating from a mechanical process of fueling the body to a ritual of family and community, from the mere animal biology to an act of culture.”
- Michael Pollan
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at ZeroCater. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.