We’re looking for our next great Accountant II to join Zerocater, who will be responsible for ensuring our accounting records are accurate and are compiled timely. You will help make sense of financial results by analyzing details and looking for trends and insights. We’re looking for someone who is a hands-on leader with a growth mindset, and who enjoys solving problems in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate takes pride in the quality of their work and has the ability to multitask and prioritize different tasks and deliverables. Working closely with the Controller, you will also have the opportunity to lead transformational projects as we automate and scale and work collaboratively to help the company succeed as we enter an exciting period of growth.
What you will do:
- Prepare monthly journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations, process bi-weekly payroll and variable pay calculations/audits, and play a key role in annual bank audits and external audits of Zerocater’s financial statements
- Assist in drafting financial statements, prepare monthly bank and line credit reporting, conduct monthly-end sales and COGS reconciliations
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to implement and maintain strong internal controls
- Lead various ad hoc projects that supports the Zerocater’s strategic growth initiatives and participate in forecasting and budgeting processes
- Drive process improvements, contribute to accounting transformation projects, assist in the communication and enforcement of Zerocater’s finance policies
Qualifications for success:
- BS degree in Accounting and/or Finance (CPA, or pursuing CPA certification a plus)
- 3+ years of proven experience in accounting, preferably related to a mix of both public and private accounting
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel functions and formulas
- Thorough knowledge of fundamental accounting procedures and a solid understanding of GAAP principles
- Experience with general ledger functions and month/year end close process
*Please note this is a hybrid role so does require you to be in the Bay Area.
What we offer:
Not only will you have the opportunity to grow your career with other food-obsessed colleagues who have a shared passion for creating delight for customers, but you will also work alongside a highly collaborative team that values leading with trust and respect, and taking smart risks.
- 401k match with immediate vesting
- Unlimited PTO, 9 paid holidays, 5 days of sick time, plus 8 hours of volunteer time
- Low to no-cost comprehensive health insurance (Blue Cross)
- Medical concierge through One Medical
- Dental & vision coverage
- Employer-paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- $100 monthly gym stipend
“For is there any practice less selfish, any labor less alienated, any time less wasted, than preparing something delicious and nourishing for people you love?”
- Michael Pollan
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at ZeroCater. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.