At ZeroCater, we believe food is one of the easiest, and most effective, ways to build culture in an office. We make it easy for companies to feed their employees delicious meals by building technology to revolutionize the way employees eat. Our proprietary FoodIQ® technology learns employees’ unique tastes and preferences to curate menus they love from 1000+ cuisines and 35000+ unique menu items provided by our network of top-rated catering and restaurant partners. We have served thousands of clients over the last 12+ years, and recently launched Cloud Cafe, a personalized digital cafeteria for companies big and small. We were awarded as the Innovator of the month by Food-Management magazine and are continuing our march to disrupt a $100 Billion industry with even more advanced and intelligent FoodTech products.
In this mission, we are seeking a visionary, passionate, and experienced leader to serve as the Director of Engineering and Country Head of our first new office in India. This is a unique opportunity for an aspiring entrepreneur to not only build and lead a high-caliber engineering team but also bring their entrepreneurial skills and expertise to establish an office and presence in India from the ground up. Along with hiring top-tier product, design and engineering talent in the country, this person will set up the office by building and leading local support functions such as HR, IT and Finance in collaboration with the core team in the US. This is a mission critical role that will help shape ZeroCater’s path to becoming a multi-billion dollar FoodTech company.
What you will do:
- Rapidly hire and develop a new organization of top tier Engineers, Product Managers and Designers in India
- Find and set up an office that will function as ZeroCater’s main office in India
- Closely work with Product, Design, and other teams to build Engineering strategy and roadmap
- Collaborate with other functions such as HR, IT, and Finance, and take ownership to form and operationalize these teams in the new India subsidiary
- Manage the engineering team towards meeting roadmap objectives with a weekly release cadence for new functionality, improvements, and bug fixes
- Mentor and coach the team towards high performance, provide career development guidance, and discuss progress toward professional goals
- Build a office culture that brings out the very best in every employee in our new office
Qualifications for success:
- 10+ years of experience leading full stack web and mobile development teams
- Good understanding of GIT, SQL, HTML, JS, and one of the programming languages such as Python, Java, C++
- Degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or related field
- Substantial experience in Agile methodologies and related tools such as JIRA
- Experience building and scaling teams in a startup environment is a plus
“The shared meal elevates eating from a mechanical process of fueling the body to a ritual of family and community, from the mere animal biology to an act of culture.”
- Michael Pollan
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.