ZeroCater brings people and ideas together over food, helping companies across the country feed their workforce. The ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision will be paramount to lead product design at the ZeroCater to continually improve the customer experience, as it expands into new services, markets, and territories.
As the Product Design Director at ZeroCater, you will head the product design process, from ideation to development to refactoring based on feedback. We are looking for a leader with a strong product, interaction, and visual design background, and an excellent track record of shipping successful products. We are seeking someone with strong intuition for user experience and visual design who will work on projects in a hands-on fashion, while simultaneously delegating work to the team you’ll build and lead in the near future.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with ZeroCater’s Product, Engineering, Marketing and Operations team leaders to build beautiful engaging web and mobile-optimized products (internal and B2B2C)
- Raise the bar for user experience standards at ZeroCater by leading the maintenance and evolution of design systems, and providing guidance to ZeroCater teams on design system usage
- Inspire the ZeroCater organization to align on a coherent product design vision as a leader and ambassador
- Define design process with product, engineering, and design teams that is scalable across parallel projects, from storyboarding user flows to prototyping product features
- Lead team in identifying business and technical constraints, and user motivations around design challenges
Qualifications for Success:
- 8+ years experience designing, building, and shipping products for web or mobile with 5+ years of that leading design teams and collaborating with other department leaders
- Mastery of design tools including Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InVision and Zeplin
- Excellent communication and copywriting skills
- Portfolio and case studies of product design work
*Remote considered if based in the continental US.
“The shared meal elevates eating from a mechanical process of fueling the body to a ritual of family and community, from the mere animal biology to an act of culture.”
- Michael Pollan
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at ZeroCater. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.